Welcome to Power of Painting!
Host a paint night!
We host paint events for all occasions, in Winnipeg and surrounding area!
Staff wellness and team building, celebrations of all kinds, gatherings of friends, birthdays, fundraisers, self-care through art workshops, you name it! I bring all materials needed to you, and provide plenty of encouragement and support to help you feel great and have fun as you create your UNIQUE work of art. I am happy to customize a painting event to your group.
~ The Power of Painting ~ Nurture your spirit through the power of art!
Creative acts, such as painting, can have an amazing effect on an individual. When we paint, we let go of tension, stress and anxiety. The level of cortisol in our body actually decreases.
Our mind, body and spirit go in to a feeling of “flow” – many feel a connection to our ancestors when immersed in doing something that taps into that inner creative spirit. Time stands still and our mind is allowed to just be in the present moment.
Painting is powerful
It is an amazing tool for self-care; it is a medicine! And when painting in a group, music playing, people let go of fears and tension, and then I hear a lot of laughter – and we all know that laughter is also an incredible medicine in itself!
Creator & Owner of Power of Painting
I am a mother of three young children. I am Metis (Scottish, Cree, Irish and French descent), I am an artist, an early childhood educator, a workshop facilitator, and a lover of people, music and nature!
Upcoming Events & Workshops
Art is MEDICINE
Since health and wellness is a huge part of our mission, here are some awesome websites who believe in the same thing!
- Making art is a great tool for stress relief! Here is an article discussing a study that examined the effects of making art on stress-related hormones in your body. -Huffington Post
- When we paint, we can go into a state of “flow”, also known as being “in the zone“. – Wikipedia
- People who experience more flow states also experience more confidence, self-esteem, happiness, and meaning in life. – Psychology Today
- Making art is a powerful way to care for our mental health – Be Brain Fit
- Everyone needs a creative outlet. Here are seven reasons to give yourself time to make art, even if you think you’re bad at it. – Business Insider
Art Is ANCIENT
Here are some more links regarding the history of art and the evolution of it!
- This timeline includes many links to art across history – from stone age art and cave paintings, to Picasso’s cubism to architecture. – Visual Arts Cork
- The history of painting. – Wikipedia
- Link to a beautiful slideshow of Indigenous art history (more links provided at end of slideshow) – Equity Oesc Cseo